Who is collecting the data?
The Inverter Drive Supermarket Ltd ("we" "us" "our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data. Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data.
What data is being collected?
We may collect and process personal data about you in the following circumstances:
- when you complete forms on our website ("Site"). This may include your name, company, job title, address, email, telephone and fax number, which is provided at the time of registering to use our Site;
- when you subscribe to our mailing list;
- whenever you provide information to us when making an enquiry, requesting a quotation or contacting us for any other reason; If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, IP Addresses (for fraud protection), location data, referrers and the resources that you access; and
- whenever you disclose your information to us, or we collect information from you in any other way.
We may also collect data in the following ways:
- From our suppliers, for example when they ask us to contact you on their behalf;
- From our customers, for example when they ask us to dispatch an order to you on their behalf;
- From third parties, for example when you submit an enquiry to a sourcing website and they contact us on your behalf; and
- We may collect device information such as your operating system and browser type to improve the functionality of our web site. This statistical data does not identify any individual.
Use of personal data
We may use your personal data for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information, products and services you have requested;
- to help us identify you when you contact us;
- for general administrative purposes;
- to help us improve the quality of our Site, products and services;
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering;
- to help us recover debts;
- to alert you to product recalls or other safety issues;
- to ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective way for you and for your device; and
- to contact you for marketing purposes where you have given us your explicit permission to do so.
We will collect details such as your name, address, phone number and email address when you request a quotation or place an order for goods or services from us. We will use this information to quote or to process your order and comply with our contractual obligations.
We will retain your information as long as we require it to provide you with the quote, goods or services ordered from us and for a period of 10 years afterwards.
We will collect details such as employee names, job titles, telephone numbers and email addresses to contact you about your goods or services, to place orders, to pay you for the goods and/or services supplied or any other appropriate reason. We will keep the personal data for 10 years from the date of the last transaction with you.
Our site is not intended for children and we ask that no-one under the age of 16 submits personal information to us or uses the site without supervision of a parent or guardian.
In addition to the uses described above, where you indicate you would like to receive marketing correspondence from us or subscribe to our mailing lists or newsletters, we may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to provide you with details about our goods, services, news and events, which we think may be of interest.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving the information at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
- use the unsubscribe button in the "My Account" section of our web site;
- click the unsubscribe button contained in any such communication received;
- visit the unsubscribe page via the link in the footer of our Site; or
- contact us by phone or via our contact form;
Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep personal data 10 years from when you last interacted with us.
Monitoring and Recording
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone communications and emails) for training, fraud prevention and compliance. We will keep this information for 10 years from the date of the communication.
We occasionally carry out credit checks on customers:
- so that we can make credit decisions about you; and
- to prevent fraud and money laundering.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- for performance of a contract we enter into with you;
- where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation we are subject to;
- where necessary to protect your vital interests; and
- for our legitimate interests (as described within this policy) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests.
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
We may disclose your information to third parties for the following reasons:
- Our suppliers, for example when we ask them to ship directly to you;
- Payment processing providers, when you pay us for goods or services;
- Shipping companies, so that they can deliver to you;
- IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf;
- professional advisers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances; and
- We may disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will not sell or distribute personal data to other organisations without your agreement.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in a commonly used format. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us. In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- remove your personal data from our database entirely;
- send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract; or
- restrict the use of your personal data.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Please send any requests relating to the above to our Data Protection Officer specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, please contact us
How to raise a complaint
This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioners Office if you are unsatisfied with our response at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
Last updated: 24th May 2018.